Hopefully you all caught the Hereford and Charolais grooming competition! Check back at 2pm on the Grey's Channel tab for Shorthorn and Simmental groominhg competitions!



4pm is the Jackpot Yearling Heifer competition! Don't miss out!


Tuesday 10 May 2011

Farm Virgin

   I have all sorts of friends! Most of them however have never even stepped foot on a farm or been near cattle! After being on my farm they often have a ton of questions, many that didn't even involve beef cattle. So alas I was at a loss for words! So my friends I give you Ben Wilson Thee one and only "Farm Virgin"!
Ben has been married into our family for over a year now! Due to the fact he was such a farm virgin my aunty and her family used him as our muse. He travelled from farm to farm learning amazing things about farming and created a mini series for Farm On!

Ben was gutsy enough to come with us to the World Angus Forum when it was held in Calgary, AB. My favorite lesson he learned was how people tell a difference in a cow to choose the winner. Well my mother came up with the best answer of all time! "Say you walk into a room full of girls/guys, choose the one you find most attractive." From then on that's the only way I've explained to people how we judge cattle. You gain a certain eye that allows you to see differences in cows... the exact same eye I've gained to choose my best lookin fella!

Check out the Farm On website for more amazing facts and videos on awesome topics from barrel racing to crop planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment