Hopefully you all caught the Hereford and Charolais grooming competition! Check back at 2pm on the Grey's Channel tab for Shorthorn and Simmental groominhg competitions!



4pm is the Jackpot Yearling Heifer competition! Don't miss out!


Monday 23 May 2011

Young Guns

     What does Alberta Beef Producers mean to me? I was recently asked this question. Immediately, a whole lot of ideas began swarming into my head but how do I describe them to you?
     Then it hit me, Alberta Beef Producers means "life" to me! Beef and Alberta are my grassroots. This beautiful cattle country is a reflection of me and my industry. It's what my life is revolved around!
    I'm living the dream! I get to wake up to that fresh country air, walk outside to see happy baby calves running around, I can hear the birds chirping out my window right now. Sure beats the heck outta only being able to hear the buzzing of power lines and cars zipping by.
     I'm actively involved in an industry that feeds the world! Pretty rad isn't it? Have you ever thought about where that burger, fries, even the milk shake you're slurping down came from? That's right! It comes from people like me!!!
    So my friends I have a mission for you. Thank a farmer! Thank an Alberta Beef producer! Appreciate where your beef comes from and all the hard work that goes into it!

My name's Dakota Wilson, I'm a young gunnin' Alberta Beef Producer!

4 comments:

  1. loving this blog Grey, good picture choice on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It doesn't hurt that your kids are sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post and it's sooo true! and since you're a Albert Beef Producer.... THANKS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thanks Jenalee! and well since it was my mission and you happen to be a beef producer, thanks to you too!

    ReplyDelete