Hopefully you all caught the Hereford and Charolais grooming competition! Check back at 2pm on the Grey's Channel tab for Shorthorn and Simmental groominhg competitions!



4pm is the Jackpot Yearling Heifer competition! Don't miss out!


Friday 20 May 2011

Grey's 7 steps to freedom!

    Most people that know me, know that my sister and I like to have a A LOT of fun! However being born a slave to my parents/cows its rather laborious to free ourselves (alright so we have it pretty easy, my parents are work horses and usually allow us to have our freedom). but alas for those of you that think cleaning your room before you're allowed to leave is stressfull, well....Grow Up! The fact is, farm kids have it tough! Luckily, after many weekends of mach speed cleaning/chore sessions, I have a 7 step program to help the average farm kid obtain freedom a whole lot faster!
1-Depending on time of arrival instantly make a game plan:
          Johnny and I arrived home the same time after work and school. This is how it all went down.
Johnny: "We goin out tonight?"
me: "Might as well! Sooooo clean our rooms or head outside first?"
Johnny: "better do chores. First we can always pretend we cleaned our rooms."
2- This is when you bust out the secret hand shake.... only cuz its fun and you look really cool! Then proceed to race outside.
3- When in a rush I do chores on my bike, due to the fact that I'm the biggest clutz. Therefore, speed walking is not my forte.
4-Once you're usual chores are complete, if there's that one extra thing your parents always do, do that right on up so they're so happy they don't have to do it that when your room fails to be clean. Then you can whip out the old "Well, sorry, I just didn't have time because I did...so on and so on"...works like a charm!
5-If you have a chance, put on supper...food always makes people happy!
6-Get outta there as fast as you can before they even have a chance to say no.
7-For good measure, on your way out do a Mario one hand in the air victory jump!


And that my friends is how you (if you're a farm kid) obtain your freedom. Even if your a city slicker, you can take a few steps outta the old Freedom book...never fails!

No comments:

Post a Comment